Forum Home Filming Techniques Fish Eye!
post a reply

ArtoSaariRocks
St-Bruno, Quebec
Canada

ArtoSaariRocks

Topic Fish Eye!
Topic posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 7:35 PM

Anyone knw where i can get a cheap fish eye?

post a reply quote this message

Praying Mantis
San Francisco, CA
Reply Re: Fish Eye!
Reply #1 posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 10:35 PM

try ebay man youll find some cheap shit there

Yotam the Shitboy
Haifa, Isreal
Israel
Reply #2 posted on Saturday, August 6, 2005 at 7:59 AM

get the kenko .43 its pretty cheap, worth your money

Tiltmode43
Los Angeles, CA

Tiltmode43

Reply #3 posted on Monday, August 8, 2005 at 2:52 PM

As far as lenses go, its dependent on what camera you have. Most likely you have a consumer camera with a filter size of 37mm or smaller. Your best bet is to go for either the kenko .43x (not .42x, that is merely a wideangle lens with no distortion. A fisheye is classified so because it has distortion, if there is none the lens is simply a wideangle) or the raynox qc-303. Both of these lenses are extrememly popular beginner's lenses but I would suggest the raynox qc303. Back in the day I got mine for $30 while the kenko will run $45 or so. Not only price, but the raynox is a tad bit wider and snap-on. Mnay consider this a negative attribute but I see it as a good thing. Because its snap on you will not need an adaptor ring. Because the kenko is 37mm, if your camera's threads are not 37mm you will need to purchase a stepping ring (an adaptor).

To find the thread size of your camera, look at the front, where the lens is. You will see a bunch of numbers and f's and whatnot. Disreguard everything accept the following: There will be a number with a "o" with a slash through it. The number next to the circle with slash is your thread size, in mm.

ArtoSaariRocks
St-Bruno, Quebec
Canada

ArtoSaariRocks

Reply #4 posted on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 7:08 PM

wow! more than i asked for thx :P

BakerClone
Brentwood, MO
Reply #5 posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 at 12:18 PM

i was wondering if i found a cheap fisheye off ebay if you could see the edges of the lens on a tv .. because i dont want it too but do yo have to buy a better fisheye??

ChrisM
Kernersville, NC
Reply #6 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 3:04 AM

Yes you will, that is called vignetting. Don't worry, most fisheyes do that, even $500 MK1s vignet, it's just a part of having a fisheye.

Epic Skate Co
Harrisburg, PA
Reply #7 posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 1:03 PM

what's the difference between a fisheye and a death lense? anyway I don't have my camera yet, but here's the link so maybe you can hep me. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Handycam-Camcorder-DCR-SR100-/sem/rpsm/oid/149963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do that's the newest model Sony with a 30 gig hard drive memory unit, 3ccd, and interchangable lense capability and a whole bunch of other shit. ANYWAY, I need a good lense that possibly doesn't show the edges on the screen and keeps the picture very clear. maybe one of you can help me. thanks

Jnort
Madison, WI
Reply #8 posted on Friday, September 1, 2006 at 5:18 PM

Death lense is just another name for a fisheye. and as to the vignet, i've seen fisheyes that don't do it on videos, but i dont know what kind they were. so they do exist, i just don't know where.

seckowannabackflip
Northampton, Northamptonshire
United Kingdom
Reply #9 posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 3:10 AM

just go to jessups and get two little snap on fisheyes and sticky tape them together init!

This crap is copyright © 2001-2009 by Pete and Jerry. Who farted?
All rights reserved to beat box and do the worm at random.
Feel free to send us Love Letters or Hate Mail.
If you are a member of the SkimTheFat Reviewer Army, Return to Home Base.