SkimTheFat Your Guide to Skateboarding Videos
SkimTheFat: Self improvement is masturbation. Self destruction is the answer. Search
Forum Menu:  search the forums register log in

Forum Home Filming Techniques Fish Eye!
post a reply

ArtoSaariRocks
St-Bruno, Quebec
Canada

ArtoSaariRocks

Topic Fish Eye!
Topic posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 7:35 PM

Anyone knw where i can get a cheap fish eye?

post a reply quote this message

Praying Mantis
San Francisco, CA
Reply Re: Fish Eye!
Reply #1 posted on Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 10:35 PM

try ebay man youll find some cheap shit there

Yotam the Shitboy
Haifa, Isreal
Israel
Reply #2 posted on Saturday, August 6, 2005 at 7:59 AM

get the kenko .43 its pretty cheap, worth your money

Tiltmode43
Los Angeles, CA

Tiltmode43

Reply #3 posted on Monday, August 8, 2005 at 2:52 PM

As far as lenses go, its dependent on what camera you have. Most likely you have a consumer camera with a filter size of 37mm or smaller. Your best bet is to go for either the kenko .43x (not .42x, that is merely a wideangle lens with no distortion. A fisheye is classified so because it has distortion, if there is none the lens is simply a wideangle) or the raynox qc-303. Both of these lenses are extrememly popular beginner's lenses but I would suggest the raynox qc303. Back in the day I got mine for $30 while the kenko will run $45 or so. Not only price, but the raynox is a tad bit wider and snap-on. Mnay consider this a negative attribute but I see it as a good thing. Because its snap on you will not need an adaptor ring. Because the kenko is 37mm, if your camera's threads are not 37mm you will need to purchase a stepping ring (an adaptor).

To find the thread size of your camera, look at the front, where the lens is. You will see a bunch of numbers and f's and whatnot. Disreguard everything accept the following: There will be a number with a "o" with a slash through it. The number next to the circle with slash is your thread size, in mm.

ArtoSaariRocks
St-Bruno, Quebec
Canada

ArtoSaariRocks

Reply #4 posted on Tuesday, August 9, 2005 at 7:08 PM

wow! more than i asked for thx :P

BakerClone
Brentwood, MO
Reply #5 posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 at 12:18 PM

i was wondering if i found a cheap fisheye off ebay if you could see the edges of the lens on a tv .. because i dont want it too but do yo have to buy a better fisheye??

ChrisM
Kernersville, NC
Reply #6 posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 at 3:04 AM

Yes you will, that is called vignetting. Don't worry, most fisheyes do that, even $500 MK1s vignet, it's just a part of having a fisheye.

Epic Skate Co
Harrisburg, PA
Reply #7 posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 at 1:03 PM

what's the difference between a fisheye and a death lense? anyway I don't have my camera yet, but here's the link so maybe you can hep me. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Handycam-Camcorder-DCR-SR100-/sem/rpsm/oid/149963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do that's the newest model Sony with a 30 gig hard drive memory unit, 3ccd, and interchangable lense capability and a whole bunch of other shit. ANYWAY, I need a good lense that possibly doesn't show the edges on the screen and keeps the picture very clear. maybe one of you can help me. thanks

Jnort
Madison, WI
Reply #8 posted on Friday, September 1, 2006 at 5:18 PM

Death lense is just another name for a fisheye. and as to the vignet, i've seen fisheyes that don't do it on videos, but i dont know what kind they were. so they do exist, i just don't know where.

seckowannabackflip
Northampton, Northamptonshire
United Kingdom
Reply #9 posted on Saturday, March 10, 2007 at 3:10 AM

just go to jessups and get two little snap on fisheyes and sticky tape them together init!

This crap is copyright © 2001-2009 by Pete and Jerry. Who farted?
All wrongs reserved to reserve all rights.
Feel free to send us Love Letters or Hate Mail.
If you are a member of the SkimTheFat Reviewer Army, Return to Home Base.